Run time 36:23Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
SSD in a PS3, Skeleton and First Look at the New Macbooks!
What's new in Episode 254
• The FLV Player is finally working. Sorry for the delay. All the download files should be happy as well. Thank you.
• Jason Cross of ExtremeTech.com joins Robert on set.
• We have a first look at the 13 inch Macbook and the 15 inch Macbook Pro.
• We got some mixed reviews on our new 16:9 format.
• The Speeding UP Firefox 3 Hacks got mixed reviews as well.
• This week's tech pic is from Aaron of Edinboro, PA. Aaron has hooked us up with a serious amount of Folding power.
• Jason Cross has a look at the new Antec Skeleton Case.
• Jason has been a busy boy. He replaced the normal PS3 hard drive with a Solid State Drive and found out that he didn't have to wait so long for his games to load.
• And now for the viewer questions:
We receive a bunch of email asking for specific recommendations on what hardware they can get that will be compatable with their current system. For example, this question from Lawrence in Australia:
I have a question about the Radeon 3870X2 and the 8800 Ultra video cards. I wanted to see which one would be a better choice for my current gaming system which is:
ASUS P5KC motherboard
4GB DDR2 800mhz ram
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
(Video card not selected yet)
I am not intending to set up a crossfire or SLI system anytime soon and just basically wanted your opinion on those two cards.
We thought it would be good to talk about what you might want to consider when making this kind of decision.
One site you might want to check out for help is 80 PLUS Program.
• We also mentioned the latest PS3 update. Click HERE for more details.
• Loyd will be on the show again real soon, like Nov 6th. Please remember to send you questions to our Sage of Tech.
• We are getting all the bugs worked out with our 16:9 format downloads. The iPod/PSP MP4 download is back as a 4:3 for the time being.
• Next Week: Garnett will be back on the show. He finally brings us a report on the Tokyo Game Show. We will also have the ExtremeTech.com Bang for the Buck PC.
See Ya Then.